Karen Angellatta-Wheeler, CTT+, CPDT+
Founder & President
- Karen Angellatta-Wheeler is the Founder & President of Effective Sales Strategies, LLC, a strategic consulting firm located in the Greater Atlanta Area. Effective Sales Strategies, LLC specializes in assisting human capital, consulting, technology, wireless and telecommunications organizations with successful strategies to increase their top and bottom line results, sales, marketing, training and leadership effectiveness and performance.
- Karen is a Sales, Marketing, Human Capital & Training Strategist and Thought Leader with a 20 year proven track record of increasing sales, marketing awareness, employee retention and customer satisfaction, and building or redesigning successful, award-winning teams from the ground up. Her sales, marketing, leadership, training, operations, organizational development and human capital experience is focused on achieving measurable results.
- As the former National Director of Sales Training for Verizon Wireless, Karen drove the company’s sales training strategy across all channels of distribution for 31,000 of 69,000 employees including 7,000 executives, directors and managers across 2,500 locations. In addition, Karen has developed and managed award-winning sales, marketing, training and human capital programs highlighted in Training Magazine's Top 100 & 125 Lists for the last 8 years helping Verizon Wireless earn the coveted number 4 spot in both 2007 and 2008.
- Karen has successfully “carried the bag” allowing her to truly relate to your sales and marketing leaders and understand your business goals. Since she was an executive decision maker for sales, marketing and training initiatives for large corporations like The Limited, GTE and Verizon Wireless, Karen brings a unique “buyer” and “client” perspective to her firm’s consulting engagements.
- Karen is a graduate of the University of Akron’s College of Business Administration majoring in Business with concentrations in Marketing, Sales and Advertising. The University of Akron ranks as one of the six best sales programs in the country, at both the graduate and undergraduate levels, according to Sales and Marketing Management Magazine, 8th in the world for its research in selling (Journal of Personal Selling and Sales Management, 2000) and 11th in the closely related field of industrial marketing (Industrial Marketing Management, 2001).
- Karen is an active member of the American Society of Training and Development (ATD), ATD Atlanta, Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), SHRM Atlanta, International Society for Performance Improvement (ISPI), ISPI Atlanta, Technology Association of Georgia, Women in Technology, Atlanta Women’s Network and E-Women Network.
- Recently, she served as ATD Atlanta’s Marketing Director for the Workforce Challenge 2009 Event & Expo held November 12, 2008, at the prestigious Carter Center. Karen was responsible for the overall marketing, public relations, revenue generation, attendance and prizes for the event. She and her team marketed this large event within ATD Atlanta, ATD National and other ATD Chapters, across our Alliance Partners, the Greater Atlanta Area, and our training, learning and human resource vendor-supplier community. In four weeks, she sold more sponsorship and raised more revenue for the Chapter than anyone else across ATD Atlanta ever. This highly successful sales and marketing endeavor was due to her exceptional relationships within the training and human resource community across the country.
- In 2009, Karen is serving as ATD Atlanta’s Vice President of Marketing. Her responsibilities include leading all of the marketing, public relations, sponsorships, and vendor/supplier relations and partnering with the rest of ATD Atlanta’s Board to increase revenues of the Chapter and improve its presence in the Greater Atlanta Area, Georgia and the entire Southeast.
Russell A. Wheeler, MS
Vice President of Technology & Innovation
- As Vice President of Technology and Innovation for Effective Sales Strategies, Russell is an experienced, award-winning Workplace Learning & Performance Professional serving over 5 years on ATD Atlanta’s Board of Directors as the Vice President of Communications and for 2008 and 2009 as the Vice President of Technology responsible for their website design and development, overall technology strategy and implementation of all of their technology projects improving efficiencies, performance and Chapter revenues.
- Russell has over 12 years of operations, sales and leadership experience who has training delivery, design, measurement and performance consulting expertise with a variety of organizations in the financial and education sectors including SunTrust Bank, M & T Mortgage, SoftBank Services Group and others.
- He is one of approximately 300 people worldwide with the credentials and expertise in facilitating and training individuals in innovative and critical thinking skills.
- Russell graduated from Buffalo State College – State University of New York with a Master of Science in Innovation and Change Leadership and a Bachelor of Science in Business Studies with minors in Creative Studies & Management Economics.
- For his graduate thesis, he designed and published a validated research study titled Improving the Understanding of the Impact of Creative Problem Solving Training through an Examination of Individual Differences utilizing Kirkpatrick's Level One evaluation methodology that examined the participants' FourSight™ profile (i.e., an assessment tool that identifies preferences for the personal innovation process) and how they responded to a Creative Problem Solving course. Russell’s research led to the commercialization of the FourSight™, and is highlighted in the FourSight™ Technical Manual under the heading "CPS Training as Viewed through FourSight Preferences." He is also a Certified FourSight™ Advanced Trainer through Thinc Communications.
Copyright © 2008 Effective Sales Strategies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Contact Karen Angellatta-Wheeler
to STANDOUT from Your
Please note the following:
This page has been specially formatted for your convenience.
If this page includes pull-down items, please open your selections prior to printing the document.
- Download a PDF version of
- If you are interested in joining our world-class team of consultants, project managers, designers, etc., please Contact Us today.